Eli ChemResins | Deep Cast (1L) Resin and Hardener Kit
Deep Cast is an unaccelerated clear epoxy casting resin system, which offers a long open time for bubble removal and precise article placement. It also avoids high exothermic reaction and the resulting shrinkage after curing.
- Perfect for resin river tables
- Inbuilt UV inhibitors
- Water clear casting resin
- Mix and pour up to 12 litres or up to 50mm deep in one pour
- Decorative castings
- Making paperweights
- Excellent visual properties
The mixing ratio must be accurately followed to achieve perfect results. It is not possible to change the ratio which would result in the resin not drying properly and lower mechanical properties.
2 parts resin to 1 part hardener by volume provides a hard casting once cured. Pour the hardener first and then the resin. The mixed components should be thoroughly stirred for 3-4 minutes to ensure an even consistency. The maximum volume that can be poured in one go is 12 litres.
The mixed resin can be tinted with our resi-TINT pigments, resi-METAL or resi-TINT+ Metallic Powders to make your artwork pop, it can then be poured into a mould, the mould can be plastic or made of silicone rubber. Moulding can be carried out by gravity or under vacuum. Temperature should be between 18-25ºC with humidity level below 70%. A 2:1 mix will provide a hard casting suitable for manufacture of fancy shapes, decorative items etc. Once the resin is mixed and poured into the mould gently pass warm air from a heat gun or hair dryer on slowest speed setting, this will assist in removal of any bubbles generated during mixing.
Health & Safety
Although our resins are formulated with the most modern and safest epoxy chemicals available, all epoxies are and should be managed and handled with proactive safety hygiene and responsible care.
- Always wear nitrile gloves (or use a specialist resin barrier cream)
- Wear a respirator when sanding cured resin
- It is advisable to work in a well ventilated room
- We advise the use of safety goggles
- Avoid skin contact (if resin gets on skin wash with plenty of soap & water)
- DO NOT eat, drink or smoke while working
- In case of eye contamination wash with plenty of water for 15 minutes and consult medical advice immediately
Adding inks/paints/mica powder/glitter to epoxy resin will change its properties and may reduce its non-toxicity. If you use alcohol inks DO NOT use a flame to remove bubbles, as alcohol is flammable.